Truck drivers are often always busy on the road. There’s little time to stop and think about how your health is doing. It is easy to forget to do a workout or choose a healthy meal. We want our drivers at Bancroft & Sons Transportation, LLC to be happy and healthy on the road. We hope these tips will help improve your life as a CDL truck driver!
- Set Obtainable Goals for Yourself: It’s important that you set reasonable goals for yourself. Think of where you want to be in a month and a year. Do you want to eat healthier? Do you want to lose weight? Pick a plan and stick with it.
- Meals & Snacking: We know how easy it can be to just pick up some bags of chips and go. Planning in advance is your best option. You can pack fruits, vegetables, lean meats, fish, and healthy snacks like nuts for lunches and dinners. This way you won’t be tempted to pick up an unhealthy snack on the road.
- Quit Smoking: If you smoke cigarettes, breaking this habit can often seem difficult. Although when you quit smoking you’ll notice so many health benefits immediately and in the future.
- Exercise: Although you may be on the road all the time, try to fit in 20-30 minutes of exercise per day, every week. Cardio is a great option - even just walking around at a truck stop is great for your health.
- No More Sugar Drinks: Replace your sodas with water. Sugary drinks will not hydrate you which can cause tiredness and headaches while you’re on the road. Try keeping a bottle of water on you at all times!
- Get Enough Sleep: Sleep might be the most important thing a truck driver needs to think about when it comes to staying healthy. Never skip a night of sleep! Investing in the right pillow also helps get the best night sleep on the road.
Here at Bancroft & Sons Transportation, LLC we want our OTR truck drivers to know that their health is a priority to us. We don’t want to put our employee’s health on the line for the job. It’s important to us that our employees get all the information they need to live a healthy life. So, if you’re interested in learning more about trucking jobs at Bancroft & Sons Transportation, LLC, contact us today!